After conducting a Six Sigma project to reduce their electric bill, a household set out to use the DMAIC model, which resulted in:
- a baseline of electricity usage (over 1 year)
- identified appliances and how much electricity is
used and when during the day
- audit the number of times room lights and computers are left unattended and powered on
The results of the project led to:
- Reduced monthly electricity cost by 31%, 10% greater than the target goal
- Improved alignment of max power usage with least cost time frames, thus reducing the cost of electricity used
- Improved awareness by all house mates on their own power usage habits.
A control plan was developed to continue to monitor the usage each week, including an annual energy audit.
Read the entire article at: https://goleansixsigma.com/how-to-reduce-your-electricity-bill-using-lean-six-sigma/