Here’s an example of a Lean Six Sigma project where blood glucose (sugar) is reduced and controlled using the DMAIC methodology.
The model helped drive:
- research on various methodologies on how to best control blood sugar with Type II diabetes.
- Utilize past A1C and glucose meter measurements as a baseline
- Analysis showing PM readings were generally lower than the AM readings
- a proposed solution was to specifically increase muscle activity by means of weight training
The results of the project lead to:
- Improved daily average blood sugar from 205 mg/dl to 125 mg/dl.
- 10 lb weight loss, and a loss of 2” in pants size, overall increase in energy and an ability to slightly relax dietary restrictions.
- Based upon current data and trends the expected result should be a measurement of 5.9.
Read the entire article at https://goleansixsigma.com/how-to-control-your-blood-sugar-using-lean-six-sigma/