Jim Hudson suggests paying attention to wastes at a restaurant can help you see “the world of work” in a new way.
Here are some things to observe and notice:
- See how long it takes you to be seated from the time you enter the restaurant.
- See how long it takes for the wait person to arrive and be ready to serve you.
- Check to see how long after your actual food order is placed, it takes them to serve it.
- Check the temperature of your food – all of it should be at the right temperature.
- Assess the wait staff’s ability to manage your experience.
- Assess how quickly you get the bill once you’re ready to leave.
Read the entire article at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/learn-lean-your-next-restaurant-jim-hudson-lean-veteran/