There is a misconception that lean stifles creativity. Sharon Visser feels that lean thinking can actually improve her painting.
In order to create a visually pleasing picture, it is not the free-spirited action people may think it is. Painting a picture is full of rules and processes, problems to solve, and decisions to make.
She shares her painting process steps:
- Decide what to paint;
- Source the canvas to be used;
- Set up the easel and fit the canvas onto it;
- Decide upon the media that will be used;
- Decide what tools are needed;
- Decide on the cleaning fluid required;
- Gather all these requirements next to the easel.
She problem-solves her way through the painting, paying attention to the details, and continuously checks the work by standing back and observing the outcome.
Read the entire article at https://planet-lean.com/lean-thinking-painting/